A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, May 04, 2006

What's up with Bollman?

A Crippled Woman Healed on the Sabbath

On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.

Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, "There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath."
The Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water?


Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?"

When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.
Luke 13:10-17

Hey folks, Digger here, your friendly neighborhood emergent church-punk rock- art teacher man... So I am getting tired of hearing people ask me this question so here we go...

What's wrong with Bollman? I think I am having a nervous breakdown! I can't sleep... I can't eat... my mind is in constant turmoil. Why? Oh boy! Here is a short list.

I no longer enjoy my job! I had a chance to leave last year to be a youth minister. And I balked. I urnestly feel God told me to stay... but at the moment I cannot see why!

Prom stress is killing me. I know its over but still... my body is now processing the input from a crazy month. I think I have an ulcer. The fact that my diet at the moment is coffee and Mt. Dew probably isn't helping me either. LOL

My wife and I have been working on some issues. Things have been rough since Charisa's head injury. We are mending things... but sometimes its one step up and two steps back.

I am seriously questioning my calling to be a pastor. If I can't keep my marriage strong then how can I minister to a flock of people? OH MAN!

I have lost confidence in my church. That's all I have to say about that.

I have had a good friendship strained by gossip.

I have my band... That is a sunny spot. But we haven’t played together in a month.

Pray for me... I think I need a shrink! Or just Jesus!

Grace and peace,

Digger


Straighten Up Me
By Brant Bollman

Jesus, I’ve been down so long
Jesus, I’ve been down so long
Trapped and broken sitting all alone
Jesus I’ve been down so long

Chorus:
I come to you, I reach out
Set my burden free
Cut my bounds, water my soul
Lift me up... Straighten up me

Jesus, I can barely stand
Jesus, I can barely stand
Bent and crippled a shadow of my self
Jesus I can barely stand

Repeat Chorus

Jesus I am blind to see
Jesus I am blind to see
Cloaked in darkness shut out from the light
Jesus straighten me



No comments: