A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, May 29, 2006

Start of Summer- a letter to my friends and readers

So, loyal readers. Summer is here. My blog entries here should be daily. But its sometimes hard to judge what summer will be like.

I started reading Velvet Elvis today by Rob Bell. Its so good. It addresses my issues with the church and speaks in my language. Its like I could have written it. I hope to find some answers to my riddle of what church is to look like in the pages of this amazing emergent-postmodern book. I'll post some quotes here as I go along.

Saturday I sat under a tree with drummer Joel, Matt Andersen and the Andersen family. We played some good praise and worship music. The wind was blowing and the Spirit was moving and it was so right and perfect. It made me want to be there forever. It cut out all the pretence of our church worship and narrowed it down to believers, insturments and God. WOW! Praise GOD!

Yesterday at band practice we worked on some new stuff. I am penning a tune written to one of Chris' riffs that is about just that. Its about getting away from the guilt and custom of church and jumping into God like diving into a cool lake on a hot day. I don't want to sit and read. I want to be flooded and transformed. I'll post it when I get it all done.

Chris is doing an awesome praise ballad. It was so heart-felt and WORD-based it was amazing. He'll play it next Sunday at Generation Genesis. WOW... can it be time for a G-squared already? Nathan Howard is coming back to give the message. He is a former leaguer who has spent time in missions and ministry. He is our brother and we love him.

Well, I'm off to play with my kids. Pray for my family. We are trying to figure out who we are. We are both changing so much and we are trying to figure out how we fit together right now.

Grace and Peace,

Digger

No comments: