A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Friday, May 05, 2006

Face down

Face down
poem by Brant Bollman


facedown I find my Father
facedown I loose my pride
facedown I drop my guard
facedown I cried

facedown I was filled
facedown I was set free
facedown I was lifted
facedown within me

not on my own
not on my stead
not on my life
not on my death

not on my strength
not on my mind
not my will
will I ever find

face down before Him
face down in prayer
face down in surrender
stripping away the outer layer

I lay down
and give up control
I lay down
and surrender my soul

I give up
and I give in
I have no answers
No where to begin

You have the wheel
You have the keys
You have my heart
You have my pleas

facedown I find you again
facedown I am made real again
facedown I crawl back to you
facedown in surrender I’m new
Only You

Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting goI lift it up
to You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights, be my everything

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

No comments: