A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Good from bad

So Saturday me and the boys played at the Werner Company Picnic. There was a battle of the bands and we were one of eight groups that performed.

How did we do? Well... we weren't the worst. We weren't the best either. We were a little out of our element. We played on a stage in the burning sun. It was so bright that I couldn't read any of the numbers on my digital readout on my effect pedals. We made it through our set and we sounded ok. But we didn't have the normal Thrown energy or fun factor that makes us great to worship with. We were the Christian element at the show. Amongst the covers of old 60's numbers and strange originals, there was a punk rock Christian band.

So I left a little unsure of the result of the appearance but gave it to God. Nothing else, we had a great time together, I ate at Chilli's with my homies and spent sometime with the people I love.

But today I got a call from Alli (Toodles). She said that a guy was at the battle of the bands and saw us and wants to book us for his church's July 4th music festival at a big church in West Omaha. Now there is an opportunity to play to our kind of people and really minister the Hard Rock Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That’s why I love Jesus. He works backwards of how we want to. He makes small things big... He makes poor things rich... He turns bad performances into open doors.

Thank you Jesus for leading us on. AMEN!

No comments: