A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Walk by Faith

It’s easy to praise Him when we are victors. It’s easy to bless Him when we are on top. When we have money in our pocket and food on the table, its easy to say that God is good. But what about when times turn bad? What about when everything begins to fall away? Then what escapes your mouth? Do you praise Him? Or do you curse His name?

God loves you just as much when you are at the end of your rope as He does when you are on the top of the mountain. He is just as available in the desert as he is at the oasis. Sometimes its hard for us to see that. But when we are in the shadows of trouble, when sickness or debt or pain is threatening to crush us, God is the only way out. He is the only reliable answer. The test of a true Christ-follower is what he or she does when stranded and assaulted by adversity. Does it cause you to run to the Lord or way from the Lord?



Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me. You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Psalm 23:4-6


As Christians we are never guaranteed a free ride. We are only promised a companion during the ride.



Walk By Faith
Jeremy Camp


well I will walk by faith
even when I cannot see
because this broken road
prepares your will for me
Well I'm broken- but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken- pouring Your words of grace

No comments: