A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Running through Shadows

Yesterday was the worst day of my professional career. Everyone knows that the most important thing in my life is my ministry with my youth. I feel stuck between worlds. I am theologically a Confessional Lutheran. I worship in charismatic style like AoG. I attend for all intents and purposes a Baptist Graduate College. I feel tugged and pulled and that I don't really belong anywhere. The only place I really fit in is with my youth. When I am worshipping with them, in whatever way that takes shape (rock youth service, local service project, mission trip, prayer walk, bible study, museum trip) I feel like I am home. They are my sanctuary.

So when I come under assault by the youth for the most ridicules reasons I feel betrayed, wounded and like my home is on fire. I do nothing but try and give them the nicest jr/sr prom experience I can. That just isn't good enough for some people. I will not let a glorified dance wreck my life.

On Monday I intend to submit my letter of resignation as prom sponsor. Its time I focus on a better banquet and a better celebration in the next life.

I feel like I am trapped in a dark place and that I am running through shadows. Pray for strength and peace these next two weeks. I need my true friends on my side.

No comments: