A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fumbling in the Dark

Shadows Prove the Sunshine
Switchfoot

Sunshine, won't you be my mother
Sunshine, come and help me sing
My heart is darker than these oceans
My heart is frozen underneath

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain well
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine


I teach photography. Sometimes when we are in the darkroom you can get disoriented and fumble for the way out. There is a eerie fear in total darkness. When lost in the dark, you scan the black for light. It doesn't have to be much.... the smallest ray can be like a beacon to draw you towards the exit.


Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine

When we are down and lost in shadows, its easy to think that we are going to be eaten by the blackness. But as Switchfoot reminds us, shadows are created by the coming light. Shadows prove that the sunshine is coming. Jesus is coming. The Master is coming our way. He's reaching out into the dark to pull us out of the shadows and into a warm, bright world.

Embrace that healing light today. Shine on me... erase my shadows with your sunshine.

Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105

No comments: