A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, April 10, 2006

Its such a good feeling!

I remember feeling safe in watching Mr. Rogers as a child. I remember his songs "You Are Special to Me" and "Its You I Like." He made me feel like he was singing it right to me. In a way he was. Fred Rogers wrote his songs for all the little boys again girls out in America that had the same feelings inside. He sent them a soothing message of acceptance and love. He sang his songs for all-- anyone would seek out his show and become part of his neighborhood.

Years later, I found out that Fred Rogers was a minister. It didn't surprise me. Wasn't he always spreading the Gospel? God loves you and He has big plans for you. He made you special. He has written a wonderful message for anyone who seeks out his truth. When we stop worrying about earthly things and accept ourselves as God made us, when we stop trying to do things on our own and trust in that loving call of the Lord, real awesome things happen.

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


God made you special. He wants you to be just as safe and comforted as you were as a child curled up in your blanket watching Mr. Rogers. And what a wonderful neighborhood He is building for us in heaven.

No comments: