A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Everywhere I Go!

Yesterday I woke with a smile on my face. I just felt close to God... I walked down to the bakery and got a cup of coffee. I had my Jesus Journal and scribed some freeform poetry and worked on the half dozen terminally unfinished songs I always work on. When my coffee fix was satisfied I strolled up to the church and strummed my guitar. I rolled out the door at about ten o'clock and the sun was shinning and birds were churping.

Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

Psalm 106:1


Spring has sprung! The cold frost of winter is long gone. Freedom from the cold bite of the frozen earth and new life popping out everywhere was so inspiring. I began to sing as I came down Main Street on foot. I sang a song by Jeremy Camp.

Right Here

All the world is watching
All the world does care
Even when the world weighs on my shoulder now,
These feelings I can bare
Because I know,
That you're here,

Everywhere I go,
I know you're not far away,
You're right here
You're right here, yeah

At first I whistled. Then I sang softly. Soon my joy was overflowing and a began to sing as loud as I could... People driving by and entering the downtown business looking at me wide eyed... especially since I don't know more than a few dozen of the words.

Praise God for the Spring.

No comments: