A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

No change

I want to hold onto everything
I want to melt into this moment
and just stay with all my pieces intact
I want to collect, like memories in a scrapbook
And cling to the album of remembrance as I tumble into time
I don’t want this time to end
I don’t want this moment to fade
into all the other memories of my life

But the more I try to hold onto something,
The more I cling,
The more I squeeze,
The more it wiggles away
Like sand drippling through the hour glass I watch
My breath is frozen
My heart pounds
My ears filled with a thick drone
As the granules slip away
Will I be left with nothing?

Hold me, sweet Jesus, as time erodes
Call to me, sweet Savior, as everything changes
Nurse me, sweet Shepherd, as I battle these demons
Give me a light, give me a path, give me a way
See me through this hour
See me through this dark shadowy valley
See me through to the light of day
See me back to your grace and your glory
Pick me up on your shoulders and carry me home

I am nothing without you!

No comments: