A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Friday, April 28, 2006

Even When

I am back on the horse. I put on a Jeremy Camp CD... Restored. I just listened... both to the music and for the voice of the Lord. What happened? I heard His voice calling to me. I felt His Spirit washing over me. Everything is going to work out. No matter the outcome, I am part of His family. He wants to comfort me. He wants to restore me... and He will stick by me no matter the road. Now that road isn't guaranteed to be smooth. Its certainly not guaranteed to be easy... But I am guaranteed to have a partner to hold onto every step of the way.

Even when I stumble, even when I waste my inheritance, even when I throw a fit at the way things are and take my ball and go home... even when I close His Book, stop praying for a week, mope around listening to old U2 CDs... and feel sorry for myself... even after that... He's right there ready to pick me up and return me to his fold.

He is the best friend I have ever had. He is the only one that waits and waits and loves and loves... Even when I am weak, He is more patient than me. Even when I am a fool, He is smarter than me. Even when I doubt, He stands steadfast. He is my best friend.

Even When
Jeremy camp

you know and you see
the times of my defeat
when i fail to realize
your kindness reaches
through all my fragile fears
of wasting any years
and i see you go beyond
my silent feelings
even when i wrote my life away
you still receive me
even when i wrote my life away
you still receive me

No comments: