A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Jake the Drake Update

Hey Brant! How's it going?!

You know I never thought I gave you guys the low down on how Spain went so I thought I'd send the message.

God did a lot of amazing things in Spain. We were split up again into three cities (Vic, Barcelona, and Gerona) and I was in Vic. We have been to Vic three years in a row now but have never seen as much fruit from the city as this year. Three people prayed to receive Christ and we meet a student at the local university who says that his friends all call him a Jesus Freak.


Last year one whole family came to faith in Christ but this is the first year we actually met another Christian who was on fire for God before we ever talked to him. He's already shared the gospel with his friends and so it was encouraging to both him and us to be able to hang out with him and his friends. The gospel was probably shared one-on-one with over 100 people in the week we were there and God did amazing things in some of the other cities as well. The whole week Malachi 1:5 was in my head as well.

You will see it with your own eyes and say,
"Great is the LORD -even beyond the borders of Israel!"


In other news, God has been doing some pretty neat things at Drake. We have a concert at my house next weekend that will be alcohol free and the talent that is performing is pretty much church bands from both our church and a sister church up in Minnesota. This weekend is a weekend that many people will go and get wasted and so we're hoping to be providing an alternative to the night for those who do not want to drink. Umm, God has led me to go on staff with the church, ahhh! An exciting but nervous thing since I will have to do support-raising for myself. And finally, I will be giving a poster presentation at the next science conference (the 27th) on Intelligent Design and how schools should handle it in the science classroom.

I know you had talked to me before about possibly taking the kids to Des Moines for Alive some night so I thought I'd also let you know that there's about 3 more weeks of the campus service left. It's again on Thursday nights at 8:30 PM. This week we have a national speaker, Tom Short (www.shortreport.com) coming to talk about The Davinci Code (you know all the lies and such it promotes). And there's no telling what's up for the next couple weeks after that. I hope all is going well in Elk Horn and continue to keep you in my prayers.

In Christ,
Jake Bennett

More on Jake

Almost Heaven

More West Virginia Memories

No comments: