A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Easter Prayer

I am blessed with youthfulness. Both in looks and attitude. Most people guess that I'm at least six years younger than I really am. I love this. Age seems to be an anchor pulling me out of a person that I am into a person that I don't want to be.

But as I find myself trapped in a sea of chaos I really have to examine this obsession with youth. Perhaps all of the real problems in my life come from the fact that I act half of my age. Perhaps all I'd really have to do is wake up one morning, raise my hands to the sides of my mouth and shout out to the world...
"I'm 32 years old!"

And everything would level out... Perhaps I could right the ship and put things back together again. But that is so hard to do. Its so hard to swallow deep and grow up. Its so hard that I stand right there at the brink, the solution right in my hands, and I delay. I delay. I ever chase youth. I ever look in the mirror and see that younger person.

My easter prayer was for me to become as good a husband as I am a youth leader... Its going to take a lot of grace to pull this one off. In your mercy, Lord, hear my prayer.

No comments: