A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, February 13, 2006

Communion

Tell me... how do we praise Him everyday? How do we transform our lives so that worship becomes automatic and ever-present? How do we hold on to those moments of fullness... where you feel swept away, lost in the everglow of the Holy Spirit?

I remember Megan telling me during the foot washing at West Virginia, hold onto this feeling. I remember coming back and feeling NEW. I remember how some songs were like wine. Who am I - Casting Crowns-- Dissapear -Bebo Norman.... I Will Not Be Silent Anymore- DC*B. I remember digging into the bible like it was all I had. I was new... The experiences were fresh. I was transformed.

But more and more, I find that experience a fading, fleeting memory. I hungry for that place, seek it out like a questing knight, but most of the time I am pursuing him... and left reaching for a goal.

Yesterday I was reminded of this when Amanda texted me and told me that she was so pumped after the Acquire the Fire youth rally that she was ready to hold nothing back. She said that she was hungry for that feeling and didn't want to let go. She wanted to feel it right then, to worship Him right where she was.

And that is the key... that is the goal. We must do just that. We must commune with our Lord and Savior everyday. We must make praise the act of living. We must make our very coming and going an act of worship.

So we turn to acts of quiet private worship: contemplation, meditation, sacred reading, prayerful reading, etc. We bring our hearts before Him and submit... we call out... we seek, seek, seek... that feeling, the connectivity, that living water that makes us feel truly alive.

Lord, make me feel so close to you. Give me a picture of Your Face. -AMEN

No comments: