A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is Your Life

What do you want out of life?
What drives you?
What are you living for?
If you made a list of priorities in your life, what would be at the top?

I had an art project for my freshmen recently where they made a list of the three most important things in their lives and then made artwork about them. I had a lot of students write down things like-

My Friends
My Cellphone
God

That is very telling. And I am not saying that its good or bad... Just honest. Are your friends important to you? Are you sharing your faith with them? Are you sharing that you once were lost but now you feel alive because of a living God has come into your life?

Is your cellphone important? I know mine is to me. Is it the conduit for good or bad? When was the last time you texted anyone words of encouragement? When was the last time you prayed over the phone with someone?

And is God really important to you? Do you wake up and scream that you want to live for Him? Is He the driving force in your life? Or is He a distant God that you don't want to anger? Are you living in fear or living in Jesus? This is your life... What are you living for?

Now I am an artist and everything in the end comes back to art for me. This life should be a work of art for Jesus. How will be display in glory through our lives today?
Don't me ordinary. Make each day EXTRAORDINARY.

No comments: