A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, October 02, 2008

songs to myself

I have started playing the old songs again, the ones from the bands days.

Somehow they all seem written from the four years ago me to the right now me. Its like I made a blueprint on how to run back to the arms of the Savior. And I recorded the blissful feeling and intrinsic joy that service gave me.

Now I'm beginning to feel the tug at my heart to use my gift again. Maybe its time I returned to teaching. The music and the jumping and the screaming were all just a gimmick to get kids to listen. What was really important was sharing the Light.

But where? Where do I go to start teaching kids again. Do I just use my life as a vessel? That's really really scary. But God does take us to radical places. He uses us to spread the Word with acts of real attrition and self-sacrifice. I have been the radical, on-fire Jesus Freak before.

I feel myself being pulled back into that vortex of bliss, and joy and danger. Its time I join a church. GULP... back into the saddle. Back down the path of the beam. Back into the service of the King.

Who's with me?

No comments: