A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Awakening

I was driving into school rocking out Switchfoot's Awakening. I haven't listened to the San Diego boys much lately. I have been running from the feelings I feel when I hear them.

But after last night's AMAZING service and all that the Lord has done to me and through me (despite my continued feet dragging and self-doubt) I knew it was time to get that old feeling back.

Rocking out to the song brought back old memories... old feelings of a time when being in the Spirit was not unusual. Lately I have been in the desert. Drinks of Water have been rare and live saving. But once every moment of the day was a reason to praise, an excuse to worship, a moment to raise you hands, lower your guard and just thank Him for His grace and mercy.

Then it hit me, like a giant fly swatter upon me, during the drilling, pounding, thundering drums of the bridge of that Switchfoot song. And clearly I heard a voice say to me, "Pound the drum, make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth."

And I was washed in the Spirit and just worshiped Him with words over flowing and my hands raised.

When I came to, I was driving 75 down the little highway between Grinnell and New Sharon and the song was over. Tears ran down my face. What does this mean? I do not fully know. But it was a gift.

Lord, wash me every day! AMEN

No comments: