A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thirsty Thursday

I keep hearing people talk about thirty Thursday. They seem to have added an extra day to the weekend. Hey, that's cool. I am all for having fun. But, friends, I have discovered my own event to attend on Thursday's night. And yes, I it makes me thirst.

I have been attending a pretty darn amazing service put on by some college kids. They have good lights and loud music and the Living Word of God. There is praying and an alter and healing and tears. It reminds me of a little group back in western Iowa that used to try the same thing. What else do I see? I see changed lives. And that is what the Good News is really about... Changing lives.

Lord I want more of YOU. Living Water rain down on me
Lord I need more of YOU. Living Breath of Life come fill me up

We are hungry, we are hungry, we are hungry for more of you
We are thirsty Oh Jesus! We are thirsty for more of You


I am thirsty. I am thirsty for the awesome power of Jesus!

No comments: