A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, October 20, 2008

falling in love

Want to know what I really want to do? I want to fall in love with God again. I want to yearn for Him like a lover misses his lady's face. I want sweet words of praise and adoration to drip from my lips like romeo wooing Juliet. I want the songs I write to burn with passion for the Creator of the heavens and the earth. I want my life to be a big giant pulsing heart the pound love for God.

I am to ache for Him when I stray. I want Him to wrap me in His arms and fill me up. I want His approval to mean the everything to me. I want to disappear into a sea of Him forever. I want to sail in the great Mysteries of His Word. I want to seek His Truth. I want to be a beacon for His Light. I want to reflect him.

I am the Moon and HE is the Sun. I am nothing but a dull, dead rock with out His light. I am cold. I am barren. I am nothing. I want to be illuminated by His Power.

LORD JESUS, FILL ME UP! LET ME FALL IN LOVE AGAIN WITH YOU EACH DAY! A GOD LIKE YOU IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.

No comments: