A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bible Study

So I was on my way out of school today and I passed the little kids at Good News Club in the elementary lunch room. They were learning about a Bible story. As I heard the man reading the Word, something inside me jumped. I know that feeling. I miss it. I want to feel it again.

Back in the day I ran an ecumenical Bible study on Thursday mornings at my old school. I loved it because it was a real way to show our faith in the school, and it was awesome because it PUSHED me so hard to have to find something to teach every week. God always provided something. It took prayer, trust and a lot of reading on my own to always have something for them to see. But God was there helping every step of the way.

Yeah, I miss that feeling. I think He's urging me back towards teaching the Word. I know its my gift and the pain and empty I feel is probably directly tied to the fact that I am not using that gift right now. So perhaps its time to start praying for the opportunity to lead a Bible study again. God willing... I think I may be ready to do it again.

Pray for me, please. Its been a hard time in my life. It's like I'm finding my way again. But I have so much doubt!

No comments: