A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Friday, October 10, 2008

Back were I belong

I am going to be real real... I have really missed my friends from the old band days. My friendships, especially with Cody and Chris were such a great source of joy in my life and I haven't filled the gap left in my heart.

What a gift it is to laugh. What a joy it is to relax and tell stupid stories. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by Christian friends that love you unconditionally. We made music, we tossed a frisbee, we played ping pong, we went to movies, an occational haunted house, we made burger king runs in our smelly old van and we praised the Lord together. It was a great time.

I am still friends with Chris and we text often, share music and books and such... But I miss having that face to face with strong believers that can reassure me that I can be a goofball, love Star Wars and Monty Python and still rock hard for Jesus.

Lately I started praying for Christian friends... And it is very funny, you know, its like you get what you ask for sometimes.

Ask and it shall be given unto you. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you. Matt 7:7

It seems I am falling into a group of strong believers very similar to my old clutch. Now I will never replace Chris. But Its so good to know that I might have found friends that would want to go play lazer tag, or mosh at concert, or catch the newest sci-fi flick with me... I am not the only geek on this island after all.

Thank you God. I should have asked ages ago. AMEN

No comments: