A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Run Forrest Run!

I had a close in counter with God on Sunday.

I went to church- that's right! Big step for me. I went knowing I needed something... not knowing what to expect. But as with His awesome Grace, He gave me what I needed.

I went forward and an elder, deacon-type came and laid his hand on me. He started praying for me and I felt the Spirit wash over me. I had a clear vision appear in my mind, there I was, barely able to walk. I was bound by leg braces like the young Forrest Gump.

He told me, "You know what those braces are? They are chains holding you back... They are just your FEARS... your PAIN... your DOUBTS... They are Satan's trick... and he has no hold over you, child of God, heir to the Promise."

I saw myself running right out of those bounds like Forrest Gump when Jenny yelled, "RUN FOREST RUN!"

And that is it! I didn't have to leave bound by fear. I could run out whenever I was ready. I could run out free! Free in DEED! I could run out and be that soldier for Jesus.

I didn't leave until I was completely free.

No comments: