A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Stand Up and Testify

Friends, we are but twenty-four hours from the next G-squared. I do not know if I have been as excited as I am for this one. I feel like I have rust I need to shake off. I have been thirsty. I have written about this feeling. I feel like I have topped the crest of a tall dune and I see the oasis right before me. Come, friends. Drink from the water. Do not come and sit idly by. Feast! Drink your fill!


Jesus spent some time ministering to the people in Jericho. As Jesus was leaving town, trailed by his disciples and a parade of people, a blind beggar by the name of Bartimaeus, son of Timaeus, was sitting alongside the road. When he heard that Jesus the Nazarene was passing by, he began to cry out, "Son of David, Jesus! Mercy, have mercy on me!" Many tried to hush him up, but he yelled all the louder, "Son of David! Mercy, have mercy on me!"
Jesus stopped suddenly and said to his disciples, "Call him over."
They called him. "It's your lucky day! Get up! He's calling you to come!" Throwing off his coat, he was on his feet at once and came to Jesus.
Jesus said, "What can I do for you?"
The blind man said, "Teacher, I want to see."
"Go," said Jesus. "Your faith has healed you."
In that very instant he recovered his sight and followed Jesus down the road.

-Mark 10:46-52 MSG


Don't just come and observe Jesus passing by. Call out to Him, "Master, Teacher! Come here! I need your healing touch today." At times we are all like Bartimaeus. We are blind. We are lost. We are stranded. We are helpless without his mercy. But, just like him, our chance is coming. Jesus has moved into our neighborhood. He's ready for you. Reach out and grab him without delay!
See you at Generation Genesis!
Sunday, March 5th
7:00pm EHLC Basement

No comments: