A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Praise Him With What You Got

I went to a little Christmas program at the Lutheran Church in Kimballton tonight. I was persuaded to go by some girls I teach art to. I am so glad I came. It was a sweet little show that really spoke to my heart.

One line stands out the most. At the start of the play, the lady who ran the pageant said a few words. She said something to the effect of, "Now these kids are going to praise the Lord in their own way of doing so..."

In the next hour, kids read, danced, sang, acted, beat on tambourines, did silly accents all while delivering a message that Christmas is about Christ, the King, Savior of the World. It was glorious. I am blessed to have been there and share their praise.

That's the thing about praising God. We don't need anything special to do it. Everything you need is already built into you. Praising God is taking your talents, your singing voice, your painting skills, your carpentry skills, your good listening skills, your ability to do math in your head... whatever it is that you do best, and doing it in Christ’s name... in a way that glorifies HIM!!!

Today is a great day to praise the LORD!!! USE WHAT YOU GOT!

No comments: