A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Jake the Drake Update

I got the following update from our brother Jake the Drake. He is your ministry's good friend in Des Moines. He has a real servant heart and passion for evangelism. Take my word for it, he pushes you out of your comfort zone. I say a prayer of Thanksgiving everyday for he and Aldger and the wake up call they gave me on that summer trip four years ago. I am blessed to have Jake as a friend and brother in Christ.


Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you so much for your prayers and/or financial support thus far.

I will keep this short because I want you to read the news letter but here are the highlights:

Prayer Request: We just had a concert and Rock vs. Paper vs. Scissors tournament at AIB. Older students at Drake from our fellowship stepped out to come and help the push. We got to meet quite a few of new students a few of whom have an interest in coming to church and getting involved. Be praying that God would use the concert/tournament to start changing hearts at AIB and that laborers would rise up out of AIB. Pray specifically that Carrie Ann, Bobbi (girl), Allan, and Allan’s fiancĂ© could start getting involved with us and that God would raise them up to be leaders for Christ at AIB. I don’t know how many of these students know the Lord so be praying for that they would as well.

Invitation: You are all invited, if you can make it, to my graduation open house on January 7, 2007. More information is in the newsletter.

Need: I am going to be going on a mission trip to Spain for the third year in a row now to the same city I’ve been going to all this time and that is Vic, just south of Barcelona. For this I need to raise $1,300 and am asking individuals if they can donate $35, $50, or $100 for this cause.

Thank you all and I must go now to the Tournament!

Standing in Grace,

Jake Bennett



NEWLETER

If you would like to contact Jake and donate money to his cause download the PDF at the link above. There is contact info included.

No comments: