A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Gospel of Cody's Armpit Stink

I've been down a lot this holiday time. I have spent many days alone with no one to keep me company except my cell phone, my new Incubus CD and Flannery O'Connor. It turns that texting is no substitute for human interaction and my loneliness evolved into a pit of despair.

I prayed, prayed a lot during the two weeks of my solitude. I prayed for Jesus to be all I need. But it turns out that while He fills that gaping hole in my chest like only He can, He made this world perfect for us... and he made it filled with other people to share it with. God saw Adam was alone in the Garden and made him a partner. He has people here for us in this world to take the loneliness away.

The band got together on Sunday for a G-squared. Before hand, Cody, Chris and I tried unsuccessfully to assemble the new ping-pong table I bought. We ended up in a big wrestling match on the floor. Somehow I ended up under Cody's massive belly with his stinky pit right in my face. We laughed and laughed. I don't know if I have ever felt so good!

They say that one laugh equals to 3 TBS oat bran. Laughter cures so much. It makes us know we are alive. It picks us up and makes our spirits soar. I truly believe that the devil hates laughter. It's human beings at our best, enjoying God's gift of life.

If you are down, take some time to get with your friends and just goof around. That will get you back on track.

Thank you God for Cody's armpit stink! AMEN

No comments: