A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Adison Drumming

My Son Adison Playing Drums




My son loves music. He will sit and listen to my new Incubus cd for hours. He doesn't do anything but sit and listen. He loves to pound on his trap set while he listens to my music. He prefers hard rock like his old man. Decypher Down, Incubus, Casting Pearls are a few of his favorites. The other day he was playing a CD and I came in the room and turned it down a bit and he snapped, "NO!!! Play it LOUD!" That is very very cool. To have a little rocker is awesome.

Addy loves me and wants to me like me. He draws and plays computer games and plays the guitar. He sings at the top of his lungs and makes up songs all day. He is special. My favorite thing to do with him is to talk about Jesus. Addy can tell me all about his best friend Jesus. He even said the other day, "Big Jesus chases the bullies away. Big Jesus is as big as Travis!!!"

There is a simple beauty in the Gospel. It is big and powerful yet a four year old can explain it. Jesus is BIG. He's bigger than we know. He's ever reaching through time, through the world, through our hardened walls we build around ourselves. He is our best friend. He will help us when everything else fails. He does chase away the bullies, the things that threaten to crush us and take our safety away. Jesus is my protector and He's my best friend.

Thank you God for Addy, his little drum set and his simple understanding of Jesus. AMEN!

No comments: