A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Friday, June 09, 2006

Popularity

I hate popularity. You know the stuff. The games people play in high school to make themselves feel better than everyone else.

I had a student once this past school year say that other student didn't deserve to exist... WOW! I have never heard such a terrible thing spoken by a fellow human being. I can understand not liking someone... not wanting to be social with them... or even not wanting to be civil. I have some people that I just can't stand. But saying that they didn't deserve to live? WOW!

Jesus died on the cross for everyone! He died carrying all our sins. He didn't just die for the popular kids.... He did for us all.

This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.

John 3:16 MSG



Embrace everyone. Popularity is stupid! ROCK THE GOSPEL!

No comments: