A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Code Monkey


I am taking a course to become certified to teach college level Web Design. Right now we are deep into the code of Xhtml and BOY, am I enjoying it. I know its logic and structured and runs off the opposite side of the brain than I'm used to employing (Chris... you know what I mean... ROBOT GEEK!). But I love it. I love it! Its like the matrix... seeing into the meaningless symbols and taming it to mean, to be, to do what you need it to do.


While coding today I thought about God. I usually see ARTIST-GOD as this wild passionate artist sculpting with clay, making passionate brushstrokes as the world forms, as creatures are created and life is breathed into the world. But perhaps God is also like the computer programmer, hammering out code... a logic and an ordered code. Perhaps I can see God in this act of taming text to my will... God the computer programmer... God the Webmaster... God the Code monkey.

God, write my code. Be my code monkey. AMEN

No comments: