A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A beautiful day

Yesterday was a lovely day. The wind was blowing and the summer heat was just right to make my hair all crazy curly. I enjoyed the sun on my skin, the wind in my hair and just breathing in the air and smiling. It was a beautiful day.

There have been a few deaths in my life, no one real close but close enough to done the black pants and jaket and make long drives to shake hands and hug. It is the duelaity of life. We enjoy the wonderful warm sun, we watch love ones die. We smile, we cry. We raise our hands in praise, we fall on our knees in anguish. In all things Jesus Christ is our aid, our savior, our champion.

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name

When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Jesus is just as real when we raise the trophy as He is when we fall in defeat. He's just as warm, He just as loving. He came and died for the victor just as much the looser. So if you are on a highest high, or crawling through a lowest low, reach out and embrace the Living Lord.

No comments: