A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Sunday, June 18, 2006

BOB III

Well, friends. Another Bands of Believers is in the books. This year we opened up the all-day outdoor music festival. We played a pretty standard Thrown set. We did 10 songs, 8 were originals with Trading My Sorrows and our famous VBS medoly throughn in for fun. It was an awesome day and I would say it was one of our best.

We are so different than the other bands. We aren't a praise team doing the same Tomlin songs. We don't hit the audiance with praise ballad after praise ballad. We don't let people sit in their lawn chairs. We are a jump up and down, in-your-face, Christian punk rock band. There is nothing wrong with the other bands. I like many of them and worshipped with them. But we are of a different mold. When you come to see thrown, remember two things: bring your Bible and your joy for the Lord and be ready to get up and shake it for the Lord.

Psalm 57:7-11

7 My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.

8 Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.

9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.

10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.


After the gig we talked to folks and sold some t-shirts. I was blown away by the response. Many people came up to us and commented about how great it was to see the gospel in a language that kids love and understand. We have been blessed with the chance to bring a lot of people to Christ with this band. And its just beginning. There are venues opening up to us every day. The people I met with at this concert are ready to do some radical things.... And I am on board.

We are THROWN! We rock the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We aren't just another praise band. We aren't an on-the fense psudo-Christian cop-out. We bring the Jesus and bring Him with the bang of the drums, the roar of guitars, the thunder of bass and the shouts of our voices.

Grace and Peace,
Digger


Disclainer: This in no way berates the other bands that played. I enjoyed worshipping with them and think they are all wonderful.... We are just called to play a louder music to reach a different audiance. Praise God for mild, spicy and the green stuff!

No comments: