A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Prom

My final EH-K prom is in the books. It's quite funny to look back a year ago at my prom angst and compare it to my thoughts this year. There were other pressures baring down on me as well; my marriage was falling apart, I was dissatisfied with graduate school, I wasn't getting my spiritual needs met by the quality of sermon at my former church, and I was battling an identity crisis.

I went to school to be an abstract painter. I had become the prom monkey. All of my spiritual energies were being poured into living the beatitudes. My work was promoting a false front, a decadent worship of the material, the flashy, the fleshy. I couldn't bring those two into alignment.

I will repost my thought of one year ago. Enjoy.


Bollman

No comments: