A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A warm tingly feeling all over

Today I worshipped in a most unusual place. I was lying in the tanning bed at Back Alley Cuts, totally in my birthday suit except for the dishtowel I use to wrap up my tattoo. I had my earphones jacked into my Chocolate and I was jamming to some Jeremy Camp. The warmth of artificial sun was all around. As Camp belted out some good paise tunes I just couldn't contain myself. I started praise right there with him.

There I was, in the tanning bed, a hand stretched out as far as I could, tears rolling down my face, singing Beautiful One and Enough right along with him. I felt better than I had in days, weeks, maybe even months. It's funny, there is a great line in You Alone by Casting Pearls that speaks to the omnipresence of our God. If I wind up in China, He will follow. If I end up in a submarine at the bottom of the sea, He is still there. If I end up on the moon, God is still right beside me.

As I sat in that tanning bed, washing in the Spirit it became so real to me. God is always with me. He always has my back. He never loses sight of me. Even when I'm fake baking, Jesus is my homeboy.

You Alone
Casting Pearls



If I go to the heavens above Lord I know You are there
If I make my bed in the depths lord I know You are there
If I rise on the wings of the dawn or settle on the far side of the sea
Even still Lord I know You will, You will always be there with me

I'm letting go of all that I know
I'm holding on to You alone
I lay it all down down here at Your feet
I want You alone You alone

No comments: