A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, November 20, 2006

Prayer



Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

How do you talk to your best friend? Do you open up and bare your soul? Do you whisper your little inner problems? Does just sharing them make you feel better?

I have a good friend. I tell all my deep dark secrets to her. I bare my soul to her. I pay lots of money and spend hours driving to the therapist, but in the end, my chats with my closest buddy are always the most healing for my soul. I share the good times and the bad. When I have a success, I quickly grab my phone to tell her the story. She is my confidant.

Here is the deal, God wants to have a relationship just like that! He wants us to pray to Him in the same way. Talk to Him. Tell Him your deep hidden secrets. Share your highs and lows. He is there for you!

No comments: