A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Band Member Spotlight: Chris Williams

Chris Williams


Chris Williams is a graduate student in computer science at the University of Nebraska at Omaha where he works on a major robotic research project. His hobbies include online gaming and hanging out with his friends.



Favorite Bible Verses


1) All of Psalm 18 - I love the imagery used.

2)1 Corinthians 16:13 "Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." - for inspiration to be the man I want to be.

3) Jeremiah 20:11 "The Lord is with me as a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble, they will not overcome me." - because it kicks butt

Favorite Bible Story


Samson - There must be a Monty Python skit somewhere about someone using a jawbone as a rediculous weapon. But seriously, it would be Jesus' footwashing in the upper room as I discuss later.


Musical Influences (Non-Christian)


Wolfmother, Third Eye Blind, Dashboard Confessional, Jack Johnson, Greenday, Allman Brothers Band, Beatles, Bob Marley, Cake, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Eat World, Led Zeppelin, Muse, O.A.R., Guster, Dispatch, Ok Go, Our Lady Peace, PLP, Queens of the Stone Age, Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday, The Doors, The Get Up Kids, The Police, The Used, Yellowcard

Muscial Influences (Christian)


Coldplay, Switchfoot, Jars of Clay, Lost and Found, Casting Pearls, Jeremy Camp, Matisyahu, Newsboys


Favorite Quote


"It's sort of a two person pyramid scheme." - Bender
"Yeah, that's marriage for ya." - Fry
- Futurama

Where have you seen God


The service trip footwashing in Denver. I saw friends cry that I never would have guessed would have broken down like that in public. When walls tumble right in front of you and you are taken out of your comfort zone, people are exposed and the heart breaks. It was the most awesome (as in "full of awe" not "man this cake is awesome!") experience I've ever been a part of. Like C.S. Lewis speaks about his youth in "Suprised by Joy", I long for tastes of that joy. I have indeed been suprised by the sources of those reminders: the deft and skill of a crazy tatoo'ed biker's prayers; my envy of a good friend, who some might call "slow", so in touch with that joy, that connection to the Lord - he is a pillar of faith for me; a young girl's courage like a roaring lion and easy embrace like a comforting wisper; a wild man's endless enthusiasm, love of life, and rigorous seeking of Christ wherever he is and in whatever he does.

-Chris

No comments: