A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A tether, a light, an antedote

Listen...

Before you, I was lost and adrift at sea. I was swallowed whole and sinking fast. I was left to my own devices and out-of-control.
Doom, doom...

But then I found you, in the ashes, the dark, the swelling tide. I saw you coming my way and couldn't believe my eyes. Nor comprehend my luck.
A rescue. A rescue.

Before you I was lost. I could not see. I was tumbling, tumbling down, down, spiraling out of sight.
alone. alone.

But then you... then you. A tether, a light, an antidote-
from the fall
from the darkened pit
from the poison of my own despair
You saved me.

I reached out and grabbed a hold of you, another soul on the surf. I clung to you, a tether in the abyss- suddenly not fall. I came up for air.
alive. alive

Do you know that joy of breaking the surface? of making it through the dark? Of living once near death? Do you know the rush of fresh oxygen in your tired lungs? The sweet sting of light to your darkened eye? Do you know what it means to be saved?
Saved? Saved?

Others. The ones who knew me before, they question this love. They scoff. They judge. They shake their heads in shame. But I know what it means to be saved. To receive a sweet, rich gift from GOD.
Grace. Grace.

Nothing can take that away. I am now different. There is no me without you. I am now tethered, alight, cured.
Cured. Cured.

No comments: