A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kindness

I'm teaching a lesson tonight on kindness at Kids Club. It was a rather hard lesson to write. The story and the lesson came easy enough. Kids need to understand that sharing is a vital part of being Christ-like. But what activity can you do to show kindness?

If we could, I would drag the little buggers down to the nursing home or to the apartments and have them share their time or their little hands. But I can't. We are pretty much stuck there at the church.

So instead I decided to teach them the story of Elijah and the woman who shared the last of her flour and oil to make him bread. She shared what little she had out of kindness. And God rewarded her. I bought some flatbread. The kids can break bread and share it at the end.

I hope they learn something real and tangible about sharing. It's what God wants us to do.

No comments: