A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?

Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God?  Or am I trying to
please men? If I were still trying to please men I would not be a servant
of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 NIV


Its very telling in life to stop every now and then and look about and check yourself. I have been doing this myself lately. I don't want to live to make people happy. I don't want to be a slave to popularity. I want my life to be for a high purpose. Perhaps I can live to please God and not people.

We can only serve one master. If we care more what a certain group of people think that what God wants from us we are not following Him. Sometimes being a Christ-follower requires us to stand up against the crowd and do hard things. We we do that, and suffer here on earth, we gain great reward in heaven.

Who's your daddy? Who's eyes are you trying to impress?

No comments: