A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bumps

Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: "The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone"
Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."

The teachers of the law and the chief priests looked for a way to arrest him immediately, because they knew he had spoken this parable against them. But they were afraid of the people.
Luke 20:17-19
Sometimes I wonder why this life is so hard. Why is the path so bumpy? Why do good intentions equal controversy and trouble? The path is never as sooth as you wish it to be. The road is narrow, the road is steep. It’s very bumpy... very, very bumpy. I get discouraged in my walk. I see the road of conformity running so smoothly and I contemplate just giving in.

But then I think of Jesus and the path he walked. How steep was that street in Jerusalem to Golgotha? How hard were the streets where he fell under the burden of the cross? How heavy was the burden of my sins? How fierce was the pain of the whips that lashed his back? How hard the walk to my salvation?

Jesus walked the steep path. As a Christ-follower I must also face times when my way is difficult, in fact sometimes I may be lead down the way of shadows. But Jesus is my King. He walks with me. There is nothing that I can face that he hasn't faced. There is nothing I can fight that he hasn't defeated. I love him. This walk may break me. But it will never destroy me.

Let it All Out
Relient K


and you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember the end will justify the pain it took to get us there


I was down the other day. A student gave me these lyrics. The trials of this life may hurt... they may drag us down. But in the Kingdom to Come I will be rewarded for this walk. So I walk on. I walk on with Jesus! AND YES, I LOVE HIM SO!!!

No comments: