A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tumble Weed

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:15-17

My blogging has been a bit irregular due to limited access to a computer. I have even contemplated stopping altogether. I started this site to discuss my experiences with my band, my youth group and my search for a closer communion with Jesus Christ. It seems a large group of readers use it as spiritual inspiration. A small group of people are mining the pages of this blog to dig up dirt for gossip. This hurts, deep and to the core. Do I not focus on Jesus Christ? Do I not point ever to his saving grace and his sacrifice on the cross?

But last night I came to a decision. I must keep blogging for those that read it and get inspired. I must continue. If but one person grows closer to Christ through my work then it is all worth it. I am like any other follower of Jesus Christ. I fall short of the glory of God. I fall way short. But that's what makes his grace so amazing. It's a gift without merit. Its not based on my singing ability or my writing or my charity or my bravery or my strength. He loved me so much that He died on a cross for me. So in return I follow Him.

Amazing Love Christ Tomlin
Amazing love, How can it be? That You, my King would die
for me? Amazing love, I know it’s true. It’s my joy to
honour You,In all I do, I honour You.

Here is my offer, friends. Stay with me as I journal my experiences. Read on and learn about one person's close encounters with the Living Lord. Learn about a group of guys that are living a Christ-centered life and preaching to those on the edge. Our band is reaching out to the sick, the broken, the desperate. Come join us as we serve those in need in Christ's name. That is what this site is about.

No comments: