A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Denver Here I Come

Well, its hard to imagine that our summer mission trip is just a week away. That's right. Just one week from now I'll be headed down the highway with thrity of my youth group members and three other adult leaders for our summer mission trip. Seven days of service, praise and growing.

This year its back to the beginning for Elk Horn Luther League. We return to where all the magic started. At Denver amazing things happened. In the wake of the Columbine tragedy, Calla and Mike took a small group of kids off to discover the Living Lord, the meaning of grace and who they were. The Spirit made miracles happen in their hearts and their lives. The growth has moved through this group and continues to feed our mission.

As I pack and prepare, I focus on this: may I open my heart to His Spirit. May I be a vessel for Him to work through. This is what the trip is all about. More of Him and less of me.

Empty Me
Jermey Camp

Holy Fire, burn away,
my desire for anything
that is not of you and is of me.
I want more of you and less of me
Empty me, Empty me

Fill, won't you fill me with you,
with you, empty me now.

No comments: