A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Monday, August 06, 2007

SICK CYCLE CAROUSEL

I have talked with Aldger not longer a go. We shared of the same mistake. We both follow a God so big and so mighty... but we both try buiding something here with our own hands that might impress God. We both forget that God can do things so much more awesome than our two hands.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse

if shame had a face I think it would kind of look like mine
if it had a home would it be my eyes
would you believe me if I said I'm tired of this
well here we go now one more time




I tried to climb your steps
I tried to chase you down
I tried to see how low I could get down to the ground
I tried to earn my way
I tried to change this mind
you better believe that I have tried to beat this

so when will this end it goes on and on
over and over and over again
keeps spinning around I know that it won't stop
till I step down from this sick cycle carousel

We learn the lesson. We take Him in. He changes our life but still, the promise of paradise is so hard to believe... that we don't have to do anything to earn this gift. We aren't doing the work.. we are just giving up control to Him so that He can take over and do amazing things through us.

I am back off the carousel and on my knees again.

No comments: