A community of creative, emergent Christ-followers

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Free Indeed

I woke up this morning and I have never felt more alive. There was a strong breeze blowing and there was something special in the air. It was freedom. I am free, free indeed!

My friend (and mentor) Calla Johnson pointed me towards the accounts of David in the OT. There I found a man that was called by God to do great things. He started out with a bang (see David and Goliath) but this early success brought on the wraith of King Saul who literally hunted him like a dog. There were times that it looked like David would be ran down and killed. But every time he made it. Every time God rescued him. Every time he saw set free. All of these hard times just made him stronger, more ready for the victories ahead.

I smell freedom in the air. That freedom comes from my death with Jesus on the cross. I feel alive. That life comes from His resurrection. I am made new again. I am alive! Just has David did I will place my trust in my Lord and Savior. And even when hunted like a dog I will never give up hope. Jesus is the RESCUE! Jesus is the REDEEMER! With him there is new life, there is a new freedom.

Free indeed.

1 comment:

JP said...

Brant,
Thank you for your post. I need to hear it. Although I feel like David on the run. I'm in the middle of nowhere special leaving behind and old kind of church and moving on to only God knows what. Right now I feel like a wanderer without a destination. But our freedom doesn't come from circumstances or goals, accomplishments or activities but from the death and ressurrection of Christ Jesus. Thanks for reminding me of that.

God bless,
JP